Author Topic: Hello From Central New York  (Read 7368 times)

Offline platypus20

Hello From Central New York
« on: June 28, 2014, 01:43:29 PM »
Hello!!, from Central New York, my name is Jack, I'm an industrial boiler service technician. I live in the Syracuse, NY area and work all over the northeast parts of the US. For a while, while working for a major manufacturer, I travelled the world, doing service, start ups and refits. I have a small machine shop in my shop (garage and basement), making boiler parts for my employer, race car parts for the guys I race with and other interesting jobs. I'm looking forward to being a member here.

Tools and Garages

Hello From Central New York
« on: June 28, 2014, 01:43:29 PM »

Offline fflintstone

• Tool slut
  • Former master curmudgeon
Re: Hello From Central New York
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 02:34:02 PM »
Hello!!, from Central New York, my name is Jack, I'm an industrial boiler service technician. I live in the Syracuse, NY area and work all over the northeast parts of the US. For a while, while working for a major manufacturer, I travelled the world, doing service, start ups and refits. I have a small machine shop in my shop (garage and basement), making boiler parts for my employer, race car parts for the guys I race with and other interesting jobs. I'm looking forward to being a member here.

hey sorry I missed this post, WELCOME. there is not a lot of activity here some good people drop in from time to time. if you need a specific question answered  about a tool, you may be better served on "garage gazette", or if it is an antique tool "papaws wrench" forum. I cant in good faith send you to the most popular forum, "garage journal", it is populated by a lot of young people that don't know there ass from a hole in the ground.

goodfellow and I post here most often and we both have a good broad knowledge base
THE KING OF PARSIMONY WHEN BUYING TOOLS

foxtrot union charlie king oscar bravo alpha mike alpha.

World class master Mechanician

Offline sk farmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 08:47:20 AM »
welcome gnap. don't worry ff, he knows the ropes and is a good guy.
you can put candles on a cowpie, but that won't make it a birthday cake.

Offline fflintstone

• Tool slut
  • Former master curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 11:02:11 AM »
welcome gnap. don't worry ff, he knows the ropes and is a good guy.

just hope he wasn't looking for an answer, cause it has really just died here.
GF hasn't even been keeping me up to date on the jag.
THE KING OF PARSIMONY WHEN BUYING TOOLS

foxtrot union charlie king oscar bravo alpha mike alpha.

World class master Mechanician