Author Topic: Organized!  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Six13

Organized!
« on: April 11, 2013, 09:00:42 PM »
I have been working on this tool shadowing project for a while and I'm getting close to being finished.  I did a few myself,  had some some custom done and finally just decided to buy some of the pre made ones that are available.  I purchased the Craftsman 299 piece easy to read socket set and have them arranged in 3 drawers, I also have 2 drawers full of cycling tools and 2 for Craftsman wrench's/  1 for my large Snap On screwdriver set.  and a few more.  Had to buy some extra parts to create an 11 drawer bottom cabinet.  In summary, it was worth the effort and I sure don't spend time looking for lost tools.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:56:24 PM by Six13 »

Tools and Garages

Organized!
« on: April 11, 2013, 09:00:42 PM »

Offline Six13

Re: Organized!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 10:00:15 PM »
a few more.

Offline goodfellow

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 08:40:14 AM »
Awesome!! What did you use to make the cut outs?

Great work.

Offline Six13

Organized!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 07:59:03 PM »
The ones shown here are offered pre done with a cnc machine at $40 a drawer shipped which I think is a good deal. The others I made a template with 1/4" Mdf board and cut out with either a small jig saw or a router. Then I would transfer to the foam with an 1/8" router bit and a guide  this allows them to be perfect. Plus I can make duplicates if needed.

Offline fflintstone

• Tool slut
  • Former master curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 05:50:33 PM »
Shadowing is nice if you have a few really expensive tools and the space to lay them out flat in the drawers.

I like the removable socket trays (amazon) and the "sort a wrench" that they sell with the Cman stuff at sears.
THE KING OF PARSIMONY WHEN BUYING TOOLS

foxtrot union charlie king oscar bravo alpha mike alpha.

World class master Mechanician