Author Topic: Make your own distributor tester -- No kidding!!  (Read 1560 times)

Offline goodfellow

Make your own distributor tester -- No kidding!!
« on: June 07, 2011, 02:57:58 PM »
I'm always amazed at the ingenuity of our fathers and grandfathers. In the early 20th century custom equipment was handmade by very resourceful DIY hobbyists, and they made some amazing tools.

Case in point, this 1935 article in Popular Mechanics. It describes a VERY simple design for a distributor tester. Today many of the parts are available in our scrap boxes or junk piles. You may not be able to get a nice vintage Sun tester anymore, but this design will come close to some of that functionality. With a few improvements, it could very well do the same job as a traditional Sun Distributor Tester.

http://books.google.com/books?id=xt0DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA157&lpg=PA157&dq=distributor+tester&source=bl&ots=y1WhMsApNs&sig=fX47O-lmkQUlJyf3ObdH2tK5bXs&hl=en&ei=zWjuTdvjA-Pj0QHhoeHeAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCoQ6AEwATi0AQ#v=onepage&q=distributor%20tester&f=false

Tools and Garages

Make your own distributor tester -- No kidding!!
« on: June 07, 2011, 02:57:58 PM »

Offline rusty

• Grumpiest Hippie
  • Administrator
Re: Make your own distributor tester -- No kidding!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »
You're not getting me caught again I spent twenty minutes lost in PM over there!
Tool do job=Good tool

A 'Veteran'is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made
payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and
including his life.'