Author Topic: Bicycle movies.  (Read 357 times)

Offline fflintstone

• Tool slut
  • Former master curmudgeon
Bicycle movies.
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »
My three favorite bicycle themed movies:

3: American fliers, although it stars a young Kevin Costner it is not a bad movie, some vintage cars are nice.

2: Breaking away, great late teen coming of age movie.

1: 2 Seconds, an awesome foreign movie (subtitles) developing friendships, love, bicycle history, mechanics, and very brief full nudity. What more could you want?

Are there any jems I have missed?
Puedo comprar un montón de herramientas para compensar mi pene perfectamente adecuado.

MY toy http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-digital-camo-flatfendered-tj-616304/

Tools and Garages

Bicycle movies.
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »

Offline strik9

Re: Bicycle movies.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 01:34:37 PM »
Quicksilver, with his amazing transform-a-bike that can be a mountan bike or an alu frame racer just by changing camera angles.  Early 80's NY bike messenger flick, actually quite good plot for the 80's.

Offline fflintstone

• Tool slut
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 02:05:33 PM »
Quicksilver, with his amazing transform-a-bike that can be a mountan bike or an alu frame racer just by changing camera angles.  Early 80's NY bike messenger flick, actually quite good plot for the 80's.

Um, NO, yeah I discounted that one both for the BS bike switchero, and having Kevin bacon in it.
I should probably try it again though, to be fair.

Even 2 seconds is late 90’s and it pokes fun at Missy Giove.
I was hoping for something less than a decade old.
Puedo comprar un montón de herramientas para compensar mi pene perfectamente adecuado.

MY toy http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-digital-camo-flatfendered-tj-616304/

Offline B

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:17:11 PM »
quicksilver is not a bicycle movie it is a slap in the face of a bicycle and any rider anywhere

a sunday in hell
stars and water carriers
la course en tete
blood sweat and gears
tread

Offline strik9

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »
What can I say....I've only seen two sort of bike themed flicks ever.   The other had Queen Latifa the rapper doing incredible stunts before jumping into her transform-a-taxi and solving crimes.  :gaah: 

Quicksilver won by a longshot.  I actually kind of like Kevin Bacon flicks.  He is in so many of them its hard to not like them all.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:07:21 PM by strik9 »

Offline fflintstone

• Tool slut
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 06:57:22 AM »
quicksilver is not a bicycle movie it is a slap in the face of a bicycle and any rider anywhere

a sunday in hell
stars and water carriers
la course en tete
blood sweat and gears
tread

Unfortunately Netflix has none of these, I would love to watch “tread” I am hoping to get inspired to ride my bike this year. I have had a lot of personal crap happen and long story short is I am afraid to ride my bike. I had a knee injury, gained a lot of weight and got way out of shape.
Being a highly skilled albeit slow mountain biker was part of my identity. I am tired of saying “I used to mountain bike a lot.”

Offline fflintstone

• Tool slut
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 07:04:45 AM »
What can I say....I've only seen two sort of bike themed flicks ever.   The other had Queen Latifa the rapper doing incredible stunts before jumping into her transform-a-taxi and solving crimes.  :gaah: 

Quicksilver won by a longshot.  I actually kind of like Kevin Bacon flicks.  He is in so many of them its hard to not like them all.

He was ok in "she’s having a baby" I like that movie more for a song in the soundtrack by a favorite artist (this woman’s work, by Kate Bush)

I honestly don’t remember quicksilver. Becoming a first time father @ age 44 I don’t remember a lot of crap before my kid was born. Having moved out to the sticks, my only option is Netflix and I have been getting a lot of 80’s movies. Some were jems but some don’t stand up well after 25 years.

Offline B

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 03:53:41 PM »
a Sunday in Hell please enjoy the first five minutes or so it is how things use to be so simple 
A Sunday In Hell

Eddie Mercx Greatest Show on Earth 
Eddy Merckx - The Greatest Show on Earth (1974 Giro)

Stars and Water Carriers it is broken up in 10 min slices I'll look hard for a full vid 
Stars and Watercarriers Part 1

La Course en Tete another one in 'chapters"       
Eddy Merckx - La Course en Tete (Part 1/8)

Tread http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/tread-the-movie/HAdX1WY0TlBbxW9g0SwD_Q best I can do now I have it on VHS

Offline fflintstone

• Tool slut
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 09:58:46 AM »
Thanks! I have to buffer any youtube stuff. I have gotten very familiar with the repair lady for my phone/isp. And apparently my house is the farthest from a repeater.  After a good buffering I got about 25 min into the first one.

Offline Mikevango

• Rollin with the wrench mob
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 05:02:11 PM »
Joe Kid on a Stingray. The history of bmx