Go Bottom
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Cleaning snowblower carbs --  (Read 340 times)

January 28, 2016, 08:19:28 PM

goodfellow

I've been busy in the last few days. Every since last Friday I have literally spent hours in the shop cleaning and fixing snowblower small engine carbs for the neighborhood. This is my fifth carb in four days. People put them away in the winter and forget to drain them, or at least run some stabilizer through the tank.

The reason for my post is that I've found a really good way to clean out carbs (some of you may already use this method) -- Boiling the stripped carburetor in a mixture of distilled vinegar and water.

I strip them down and remove the float/valve assembly along with the jets. Unless they're easy to get at, I leave the venturi in place

... then just boil the body in 1/2 cup of vinegar and 4 cups of water in small sauce pan. I've gone the carb cleaner route and the pine-sol route, and although they are effective, the boiling distilled vinegar mix is the most effective way to clean these small engine cabs. Every one of the carbs worked perfectly after I reinstalled them on these old snowblowers.

June 26, 2017, 06:31:06 AM Top
Layout Options | Color: